Listen: Sacramento Asst. City Manager Chris Conlin, a veteran, talks about Monday's parade
The City of Sacramento’s 9th annual Veterans Day parade will take place this Monday, Nov. 11, with a special salute to women who have served in the military in the past, present and future.
This year’s activities include an opening ceremony, parade, veterans resources, military vehicles on display and food trucks. The festivities will take place on Capitol Mall between 3rd and 9th streets, starting at 9 a.m. and ending at 1:30 p.m. Street parking is free to attendees all day.
Several street closures will accommodate the event:
7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Capitol Mall north/south 3rdto 7thstreets
- 4thSt. btw L and N streets
- 6thSt. btw L St. and Capitol Mall north
7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 2ndSt. btw N and O streets
- N St. btw 2ndand 5thstreets
7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 5thSt. btw L and N streets
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Capitol Mall north/south 7th to 9th streets
- 7thSt. btw L St./Cap Mall Alley and N St.
- 8thSt. btw Capitol Mall south and N St.
10:30 a.m. until last float leaves
- 3rdSt. btw Capitol Mall north and O St.