Listen: David W. Gordon, Sacramento County Superintendent of Schools
Six Local Schools Named 2020 California Distinguished Schools
CDE Recognizes Outstanding Programs and Practices
Six Sacramento County elementary schools are being honored as 2020 California Distinguished Schools by the California Department of Education (CDE). The program, sponsored by CDE and presented by California Casualty, recognizes outstanding education programs and practices. Schools are awarded for closing the achievement gap and for achieving exceptional student performance.
Local 2020 California Distinguished Schools
The Sacramento County schools being honored are:
- Arthur C. Butler Elementary(Elk Grove Unified)
- Camellia Basic Elementary(Sacramento City Unified)
- Hazel Strauch Elementary(Twin Rivers Unified)
- James A. McKee Elementary(Elk Grove Unified)
- River Oaks Elementary(Galt Joint Union Elementary)
- Russell Ranch Elementary(Folsom Cordova Unified)
A total of 323 schools will receive the2020 California Distinguished Schools Award.