Listen: Michael Levine
Clinic Director Center for Counseling & Diagnostic Services
California State University, Sacramento
We are offering virtual therapy, either over the phone or video chat (zoom) counseling, for free to the Sacramento region. Many people are experiencing anxiety in these uncertain times, and we are hoping to provide them a therapeutic outlet. Our counseling services are provided by graduate students who are working on their master's in counseling. These services are for adults, couples, family units, and children. Our counselors can help with, but are not limited to: anxiety, depression, trauma, stress and relationships.
- The Center for Counseling and Diagnostic Services (CCDS) was first established in 1968, and is located on Sacramento State's campus in Eureka Hall.
- The CCDS provides three services: educational assessments, reading intervention services, and counseling.
- Our counseling services are provided by graduate students working on their Master's in Counseling, under the supervision of a licensed faculty member.
- Typically, our services are done face-to-face in our counseling center. Due to COVID-19, we have transitioned our counseling services to teletherapy.
- Our teletherapy can be done over the phone or through video chat, utilizing Zoom video conferencing.
- All of our counselors can assist in personal issues, such as anxiety, depression, trauma, stress, etc., but some have specializations
- We have three specializations of counselors: Marriage, Couple, and Family, Career, and Rehabilitation
- Marriage, Couple, and Family specialize working with individuals, couples, family units, and children
- Career counselors specialize in counseling related to occupations (i.e. resume help, mock interviews, job stress, relational issues at work, etc.)
- Rehabilitation counselors focus on working with individuals with disabilities who are wanting to reintegrate back into the work force or school.
- We are able to work adult individuals, couples, family units, and children. Our counseling services are currently free.
- Our sessions are by appointment only, and once scheduled, are at the same day and time each week. (i.e. Tuesdays at 7:00pm). The sessions are 50 minutes.
- To schedule an appointment, people may call us at 916-278-6252 Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, or reach out to us by e-mail at CCDS@csus.edu
- Our website is https://www.csus.edu/center/counseling-diagnostic-services/