Listen: Sacramento native Michelle Van Wagenen (MA Educational Therapy) has come up with a convenient and easy option for homeschooling preschoolers.
Covid-induced home schooling may be the most difficult challenge for parents with toddlers and preschoolers. Many parents of children two to five report struggles with group Zoom calls when it comes to attention spans and patience with technology. Working parents trying to adapt to online schedules are already frustrated and ready to give up.
Sacramento native Michelle Van Wagenen (MA Educational Therapy) has come up with a convenient and easy option -
· A program for parents looking for safe learning pods to teach on their own that fits their schedule but don’t have educational experience or a curriculum
EARLY CHILDHOOD CONNECTED offers two to five year olds:
· A 12 week or 36-week curriculum for child, siblings of different ages or small groups
· Convenient digital program with freedom to do activities any time of day
· Prepared materials needed for lessons shipped or links where to purchase
· All written with clear directions to follow so anyone can implement lessons as teacher would
· For parents wanting to enhance preschool zoom learning
· Those struggling to pay tuition.
· Math, science, literacy, art and movement with an emphasis on mindfullness
· Designed to be a comprehensive homeschool program that will prepare parent and child for the following years of preschool or transitioning into kindergarten
Parents using the program say it’s been a lifesaver. “It’s brilliant” says Los Angeles parent Pauline Raven. “I love that it’s flexible! I call it a curriculum for dummies where parents have everything at their finger tips.”
Michelle and her partner Meredith have over 20 years educational experience.