Listen to the iHeartMedia interview: INK General Manager Megan Kohl and Assistant General Manager Christian Espinoza talk about Sacratomato Week and their Fried Green Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich and their Tomatillo Bloody Mary.
Midtown’s Sutter District to Celebrate Sacratomato Week
With Saucy Food & Drink Specials, Live Music & Prizes - July 19-25
Located in the heart of Midtown, Sacramento’s Sutter District invites the community to savor the tastes of summertime by celebrating Sacratomato Week July 19-25, 2021. Complete with eye-catching banners proudly on display throughout the dynamic district and entertaining live music being performed at key intersections in the Sutter District, abundant and delicious tomato-themed offerings will take center stage during the special week. Midtown residents and visitors are encouraged to enjoy a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees and drinks made with Sacramento’s signature commodity.
Sacratomato Week offers a wonderful opportunity to support vibrant and engaging locally owned restaurants, bars, and eateries. A sampling of some of the tomato-themed menu options and drink specials offered by participating Sutter District restaurants, bars, and eateries includes the following:
Sacratomato Food & Drink Specials
- Barwest– River Cat Sliders, Angus burgers topped with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, American cheese, and thousand island dressing;
- Blue Cue– Pesto Tomato Pizza made with basil pesto, sliced tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, red onions, topped with feta, parmesan, fresh chopped cilantro, and parsley;
- Cafe Bernardo– Grilled Salmon BLT made with delicious bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, basil mayonnaise and served on grilled sourdough wheat;
- CentroCocina Mexicana– Cerveza Preparada, a Farmer's Mexican Lager made with tomato juice, lime, Worcestershire, tabasco, and a tajin rim;
- Four Palms at Fort Sutter Hotel– Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza made with tomato-basil sauce and fresh mozzarella;
- INK Eats & Drinks– “Build Your Own Bloody Mary” with options that include well or premium vodka, house made Bloody Mary mix and a variety of tasty toppings;
- Harlow's Restaurant & Nightclub– Chips & Salsa made with fire-roasted tomato-guajillo and slow-roasted tomatillo;
- Paragary's Midtown– Rigatoni & Italian Sausage Ragu made with house-made Italian sausage, San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, hot pepper, and parmesan;
- Red Rabbit Kitchen & Bar– Kimchi Louis made with poached shrimp, butter leaf lettuce, cherry tomatoes, egg, avocado, kimchi, and Thousand Island dressing;
- Tea Bar & Fusion Cafe- Loaded Avo Toast made with fresh and flavorful avocado mash, crowned with rustic tomatoes loaded atop toasty naan.
In addition to the fabulous food and drink specials, a daily social media contest will provide an opportunity for seven lucky winners to receive gift cards to Sutter District restaurants. For a chance to win, please check out the Sutter District Instagram page (@thesutterdistrict) each morning during Sacratomato Week around 9 a.m.Winners will be announced daily and no purchase is necessary to enter.