Award Winning Sacramento-based Buehler Engineering is celebrating 75 years in business.
Listen: CEO Dave Hutchinson
Buehler was founded in 1946 under the original name of Walter A. Buehler, Structural Engineer. During the post-war construction boom, Mr. Buehler designed a variety of projects, from schools to warehouses. One of his first projects was the Campbell's Soup Company plant in South Sacramento which opened in 1947 and stayed in continuous operation until 2012. In 1961, the company changed names to Buehler & Buehler Structural Engineers when his son, Walter D. Buehler became president of the firm. Mr. Buehler was very hands-on, with a wide range of knowledge; these characteristics have been embodied in every Buehler employee since.