VISIT SACRAMENTO’S FARM TO FORK FESTIVAL TAKES OVER CAPITOL MALL
The West Coast’s most anticipated fresh food and music festival is back Sept. 23 and 24
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Chefs, winemakers, breweries – and rock stars – take center stage in Sacramento this weekend as Visit Sacramento’s Farm to Fork Festival returns Friday, Sept. 23 and Saturday, Sept. 24 on Capitol Mall.
WHO: Visit Sacramento’s Farm to Fork Festival
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 23, 4-9 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
WHERE: Capitol Mall, downtown Sacramento
The 2022 Farm to Fork Festival will be back to its original, pre-COVID size, with a two-day concert series headlined by Gregory Porter (Friday) and Japanese Breakfast (Saturday). The full event will include more than a mile of local and regional food, wine, beer, exhibits, cooking demonstrations (Saturday) and more.
Here’s some of what’s new at this year’s Festival:
- Grand Tasting – A West End Revival – A new, ticketed experience inside the Friday Farm to Fork Festival, designed to celebrate the music, culinary delights and more from Sacramento’s historic West End
- A James Beard demo stage, with the famed culinary organization pairing local James Beard lauded chefs with some of their peers from across California, as well as food and policy experts from around the region
- A ‘hyper local’ bar, featuring favorites including Vino Noceto, the ‘People’s Choice’ award winner from Visit Sacramento’s Legends of Wine event earlier this month
- Many of the artisans from Midtown’s Saturday Farmers Market will move over to the Festival on the 24th for visitors to explore
- A live art activation that will transform into an “Instagramable” space on day 2
- A drag queen cooking demonstration
- A new activation “dome” from sponsor Cache Creek Casino, with local favorites inside like wine from Seka Hills
- Expanded seating areas to take a load off, enjoy a bite or listen to music
The 2022 Farm to Fork Festival is admission-free, and Visit Sacramento’s bars and other activations are cashless. For more information, visit farmtofork.com.