- A board member for SEIU Local 1000 has asked a judge to remove their president, Richard Louis Brown, for allegedly misusing money.
- California Highway Patrol wants to spend about $50 million over the next four years on security for legislators.
- Sacramento’s homeless population has doubled in the last two years.
- Local MLK Day activities.
- In an exclusive interview with Meet the Press, Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) talks about Russia's troop buildup at the Ukrainian border and President Biden's push to move voting rights legislation.
- Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia says Democrats will push forward with votes on voting rights bills and Senate rules changes despite their dim prospects in the upper chamber.
- The UC Davis Transportation Services’ biannual auction of abandoned bicycles has moved online in response to the pandemic. The auction is live now and new bikes will be added occasionally until the backlog of unclaimed bikes is exhausted. Forty bikes are currently up for auction with bids ranging from $5 to $155.