- Sacramento broke a heat record over the weekend, first set back in 1988. This heat wave is straining the state's power grid and grid operators are warning of potential rolling blackouts. Click here to read more.
- A U.S. district court judge has ordered a temporary halt to taking down homeless camps in and around Sacramento. Click here to read more.
- The CFO of Raley's was killed in a plane crash in rural Sacramento County over the weekend along with his pilot. Click here to read more.
- Governor Newsom has signed into a law a historic fast food workers bill, establishing an industry standard for wages and working conditions for national chains. Click here to read more.
- Thousands of people in Sacramento and Vacaville were without power Monday evening as temperatures spiked above 110 degrees. SMUD says over 16,000 customers in the Arden neighborhood lost power when a tree hit a power line. PG&E has not said what led to nearly 6,000 PG&E customers in Vacaville losing their power. Click here to read more.
- New fire is starting in Placer County and prompting evacuations. The Hill Fire is happening near Iowa Hill Road. Click here to read more.