- For the first time ever, the Hyatt Powerplant at Lake Oroville has been taken offline, due to falling lake levels. State water regulators said the Hyatt Power Plant has been taken down due to record low water levels. The plant typically powers about a half-million households. This morning those homes are at risk of rolling blackouts during summer heat waves.
- Latest Norther California Fire Updates - Four people are missing as the Dixie Fire balloons in Plumas and Butte counties. The fire is only 35% contained as of Friday morning. PG&E officials admit there's a chance blown fuses from its equipment may be the cause of the blaze. Three people, including a firefighter, have been injured in the River Fire burning in Placer and Nevada counties. More than 5,000 people remain evacuated this morning. More than 70 structures have been destroyed.
- California is the first state in the nation that will require all health care workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19. The state Department of Public Health announced yesterday health care employees must be fully-vaccinated by September 30th. The decision impacts about 2.2 million people in the Golden State.
- The Most Recent Polls Show That People Who Live in America's Toughest Neighborhoods Overwhelmingly Oppose the Defund the Police Movement. Senator Tim Scott (R-SC) Recently Told a Committee Hearing That People in Those Neighborhoods Want More Money Spent on Police Protection.
- This Morning a Sheriff in North Carolina Has Shocked His Community. Sheriff Alan Cloninger of Gaston County in North Carolina Served as Sheriff for 16 Years. He Is a Self-described Conservative Democrat Who Says He Is Leaving the Democrat Party Because He Says National Democrats Are Not Showing Enough Support for Law Enforcement.
- Governor Newsom Now Says Republicans Are Responsible for Spreading Misinformation About Covid 19 And He Says That Misinformation Is Killing People.