- The University of California and the California State University system will require COVID-19 vaccine boosters for students and workers. UC officials say those eligible must upload proof of receiving a vaccination booster by January 31st. The CSU deadline to get a booster is February 28th or six months after an individual received the final dose of the original vaccination. Both university systems will honor valid medical and religious exemptions.
- An electrical fire is causing some problems for Sacramento's iconic Tower Bridge. Caltrans reports a fire last Friday damaged the primary motor that raises and lowers the draw bridge for boat traffic. In the meantime, a backup motor is being used, but experts with the Department of Transportation warn that may fail as well. There's no timeline for the repair or a replacement. The bridge is perfectly safe to drive across, but alternate routes include the Pioneer Memorial Bridge and the I Street Bridge.
- Republican Tamika Hamilton Is Switching Races... And Will Now Face Incumbent Democrat Ami Bera In The Sixth Congressional District... Which Covers Much Of Sacramento. She Was Set To Face Off Against John Garamendi Before Making The Change. Congressman Josh Harder Will Seek Re-election In The Newly Drawn 13th District Which Covers Parts Of Modesto.
- Pet Food Shortage: Tips on how to help your pet transition to a new food.
- Larry Elder discusses Biden’s all time low approval ratings as midterms looms.
- Defund the Police: Inside one town's efforts to reform the police.