- President Biden has nominated Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to serve as Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. The nomination is historic, as Judge Jackson will be the first Black woman to sit on the highest court in the nation.
- It's another day of air raid sirens, explosions and a growing sense of panic in Ukraine. Russian forces are expanding their military operation, closing in on the capital city of Kyiv. Residents in many areas have been told to shelter in place as thousands of others are still trying to get out of the country.
- Admissions officials with the University of California system say they're charting a record-breaking number of applications for the fall 2022 semester. The current numbers reportedly 3.3% jump in applications compared to this time last year. Compared to two years ago, that figure jumps to 17%.
- Kings' center Alex Len has issued a statement condemning the Russian invasion of his homeland Ukraine. Yesterday, Len issued a joint statement with Toronto Raptor and fellow Ukrainian Svi Mykhailiuk. They say they "categorically condemn the war," and urge their fellow countrymen and women to "hold on." Len caused some concern after missing practice Tuesday, citing trouble with his flight. He was not spotted at the Kings' practice facility on Wednesday either. Len was back in town yesterday, but interim head coach Alvin Gentry gave him last night's game off.
- Rocklin Unified School District board has voted to ease their mask restrictions for students. Staff will still be required to wear masks indoors. The new policy goes into effect Monday.
- Nevada Union High School is canceling classes this morning due to a teacher shortage. Teachers are calling out sick in protest to the school board's decision to stop enforcing indoor masking. The Nevada County school board recently decided to make masking optional indoor for students, despite the state-wide mandate.
- Donate to a variety of crowd-sourced organizations in Ukraine here
- Donate to Ukraine’s Military Charity here
- Link to Ukraine's independent newspaper
- Congresswoman Elissa Slotkin talks Ukraine and Putin's agenda
- Ambassador Markarova says Ukrainians will fight Russia
- 1951 Coffee Company: A non-profit specialty coffee organization that promotes the well-being of the refugee community in the United States