- California is among the growing list of places to require state and health care workers to require proof of coronavirus vaccination. Governor Gavin Newsom says the vaccine verification and testing program for state employees will be implemented starting August 2nd and will be phased in over the next few weeks.
- Former Senator Barbara Boxer is not seriously hurt after she was assaulted and robbed in Oakland. Boxer says she was in Jack London Square yesterday when the incident happened. The robber allegedly pushed her in the back and stole her cell phone before taking off in a getaway car. No arrests have been made.
- This morning, officials are investigating a plane crash Monday afternoon in Truckee. There are no survivors, though the number of passengers and crew are unknown. Police in Truckee say it was a Challenger 605 private jet that was landing at the Truckee-Tahoe Airport when it hit trees near the airport. Nobody on the ground was injured. The plane crash started a wildfire that firefighters have been battling. The NTSB and the FAA are investigating.
- A new poll out this morning shows likely voters in California are split on whether Governor Newsom should be replaced. According to a new UC Berkeley institute of governmental studies poll co-sponsored by the Los Angeles times, 47% of likely California voters supported recalling Newsom And 50% who opposed removing Newsom from office - a difference just shy of the survey’s margin of error.
- A new poll finds likely California voters now almost evenly split on Newsom recall.
- Former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger says that reviewing the accuracy of the vote totals and investigating allegations of voter fraud in the most recent election.... Would, in his estimation, damages America's standing in the world.
- Big tech monopolies are censoring messages and the information we get. Yet those monopolies are allowed to continue on doing business as usual. One person who finds it absurd is comedian and talk show host Bill Mahr.