- The so-called California "supermom" is behind bars on suspicion of faking her own kidnapping that made global headlines over five years ago. Sherri Papini was reported missing by her husband in November of 2016, prompting a massive FBI search. Papini was found weeks later over 100 miles from her home north of San Francisco, with chains on her body and a brand on her shoulder. She told police officers she was held against her will by two Mexican women, but investigators now say she was staying with an ex-boyfriend and hurt herself to make her story more believable. Papini received $30,000 from the California victim compensation fund.
- This morning Highway 50 is closed in both directions in the Sierra. Crews are working to break up a bolder in the road. US-50 is shut down in both directions due to massive boulder in the middle of the highway Eastbound US-50 closed at Sly Park Rd. & westbound US-50 closed at SR-89 Jct. Caltrans is estimating a time of reopening for this afternoon around 2pm. Snow and rain is also expected in the area this afternoon.
- At least 19 children and one employee were hurt when an SUV crashed into a daycare Thursday afternoon in Anderson, California. Fourteen children were taken to hospitals. At least two received intensive care in Sacramento. The SUV crashed into the main area of the preschool where all the children were gathered. The driver was local woman and police say she was not under the influence. Anderson is about 150-miles north of Sacramento.
- California's average gas price is now over $5 a gallon after a nearly 14 cent a gallon spike overnight. The morning's Triple-A state average is $5.07 for regular. It's the first state in the nation to exceed $5. Mono County has the most expensive gas again at $5.69. The cheapest you can find is $4.79 in Yuba County.
- The American trucker convoy is expected to hold their rally this weekend in Washington D.C, passing through Missouri earlier this week.
- Painful Wheel of Fortune moment where contestants could not guess the common phrase